*To utilize CTRC resources, please contact the appropriate CTRC Core Director for a startup meeting prior to scheduling research subjects.
1) The Study Staff requesting Ophthalmology Core Services must ensure that CHOP Research Institute's eTRACK budget plan reflects the requested ophthalmology service is being performed by the CTRC; you must also have full approval from the IRB and CTRC (including CTRC Ophthalmology Core) prior to scheduling. Go to the Clinical Trial Financial Management intranet site for eTRACK instructions. To log into the eTRACK site use your Active Directory User name and password.
2) If the subject does not have a CHOP medical record number (MRN), add the subject via the eTRACK participant tracking and request a MRN as soon as the subject is enrolled.
3) Contact Suzanne McCullough in Ophthalmology via email mcculloughs [at] email.chop.edu, with a request to schedule and please CC Ophthalmic Technician, Melissa Jakubowski, at JakubowskiM [at] email.chop.edu. The email must include all requested services, protocol IRB/CTRC number, CPT code(s) from budget plan, research subject information (name and MRN), including information the CTRC needs for reporting purposes to the NIH: race, ethnicity, gender as well as a contact person for scheduling purposes (e.g. study coordinator).
a. If an eye exam is included in the requested services, requests must be received by the ophthalmology research core staff several weeks (or as required by the study protocol) in advance of the date of service to ensure attending physician availability.
b. Other tests and procedures will be scheduled in a timely manner and as flexibly as possible within the current space and patient flow constraints of the existing space.
4) The Study Staff requesting Ophthalmology Core Services will submit via eTRACK the research registration (visit information line item for ophthalmology services should state in the comment field "CTRC Ophthalmology Core").
5) The Study Staff requesting Ophthalmology Core Services can follow up with Ophthalmology 24 to 48 hours after the visit for results/report.
Gil Binenbaum, MD, CTRC Ophthalmology Core Director, x44594
Suzanne McCullough, Ophthalmology Research Scheduler, x40603
Jenny Bartelle, Ophthalmology Division Manager, x44599
Melissa Jakubowski, Ophthalmic Technician, JakubowskiM [at] email.chop.edu
John Krall, CTRC Administrative Director, x42215, x51790